COLIN & JASON

Re: COLIN & JASON

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue May 21, 2024 8:46 am

Following yesterday's statement. What is to stop Jason from removing the current Board? Genuine question, can he do that?

Also at what point does it become untenable for the Board themselves to stay in position? Calling out your owner as not trustworthy puts you in a pretty awkward spot.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue May 21, 2024 8:49 am

vvm wrote:Is there literally anything the fans can do at this point?

Scenes of a few hundred outside the club chanting 'Jason Out' might make the mainstream media.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue May 21, 2024 8:55 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:Following yesterday's statement. What is to stop Jason from removing the current Board? Genuine question, can he do that?

Also at what point does it become untenable for the Board themselves to stay in position? Calling out your owner as not trustworthy puts you in a pretty awkward spot.

He could remove the board but not in his interests to do so. He needs people to run the club and apart from Ben who is leaving anyway the other directors are unpaid and do it because they are supporters.

He would have to bring his own people in to run it day to day and that would cost money that he doesn't have !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:59 am

Is the mystery American investors genuine or just a smoke screen ??

Wonder what Edwards, Moore and Brown are thinking ?? Why did they sign contracts when possible chance they might not even get paid in May very very strange
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:Following yesterday's statement. What is to stop Jason from removing the current Board? Genuine question, can he do that?

He can do that but how would that benefit him? He couldn't run it on his own.The question regarding the Board resignation is the real cruncher.

With the short time available before the season starts and the fact that any buyer (if there was one) would have to pass the EFL test I cannot see a way out of this mess now. As others have said, it's been coming for quite a few years.
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:05 am

I think I read somewhere the season starts in 81 days

We are 66 / 1 total outsiders for league 2

How can we be any price at the moment very odd
Redalert1970

Postby Billy bodger » Tue May 21, 2024 10:29 am

The inadequacy of the EFL to do anything about owners letting Clubs to die on their feet, because it suits the owners! the EFL should protect Clubs more from this kind of thing. In the end the EFL protect the owner before the Club.

I suggested that league 2 clubs should be satellite clubs for Larger clubs, with the money involved now to run a league two club without getting into financial trouble is getting harder and harder. Is it the only way for some or all of them to survive? Lose their independence and become an umbrella Club.

There are only two solutions for Morecambe at the moment, one is to sell the club to help it survive with a new owner or we go into administration and the appointed administrator sells the club and we have a twelve point deficit to start of any new season and that looks more likely to happen thou I prefer JW to sell, now.

I think it’s obviously JW needs to sell at a higher price to make it worth him selling the club and if not administration helps him clear any debts he may have.

What a carry on!
Billy bodger

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue May 21, 2024 10:38 am

Apparently the Americans who were interested in PNE have cooled their interest

Could these be the same Americans...maybe
Redalert1970

Postby John L » Tue May 21, 2024 11:02 am

marky No.1 wrote:In that case all we can do is wait and see what the Clubs defintion of Catestrophic actually is

Yep, and hope that your definition is closer than mine!
John L

Postby Keith » Tue May 21, 2024 11:24 am

black morse wrote:With the short time available before the season starts and the fact that any buyer (if there was one) would have to pass the EFL test I cannot see a way out of this mess now. As others have said, it's been coming for quite a few years.

THe EFL can approve a new owner very quickly, if the new owner engages with them. Wigan was sold within days. Our problem is pretend-owners, with no access to funds they claimed, not giving evidence to the EFL, resulted in a protracted yo-yoing, and getting nowhere.

I genuinely don't believe the EFL are the problem, their hands are tied and sanctions limited. :cry: :cry: :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Tue May 21, 2024 11:33 am

Keith wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:We only have Jason's word that the US bid is a viable thing, and he's proven time and time again that he cannot be trusted.

I read the statement as the board know the US bid is viable, it is the Middle Eastern bid that only has Jason's word for. I'm guessing the US bid is the same one that Derek alluded to when he was here. Had the US group's bid been accepted back then, I wonder if Derek would have remained with us?

I think it is very likely he would have remained given his talk a few weeks earlier about his plan to get Morecambe into the Championship but the real question is....if the US bid is the same one and if the sale went through would DA be prepared to come back?

It's the hope that kills you :roll:
black morse

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 21, 2024 11:53 am

If we went into administration would all the current directors then be struck off from been able to be a director in the future?

Just thinking if we go into admin is that then then for all members of the current board?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue May 21, 2024 1:02 pm

P/T Indie wrote:If we went into administration would all the current directors then be struck off from been able to be a director in the future?

Just thinking if we go into admin is that then then for all members of the current board?

My understanding is there has to be a significant level of culpability for directors to be struck off, not just that the business has gone into administration. In this instance it's quite clear the blame lies firmly at Jason's door, so hopefully the board would be OK.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Billy bodger » Tue May 21, 2024 2:26 pm

Keith wrote:
black morse wrote:With the short time available before the season starts and the fact that any buyer (if there was one) would have to pass the EFL test I cannot see a way out of this mess now. As others have said, it's been coming for quite a few years.

THe EFL can approve a new owner very quickly, if the new owner engages with them. Wigan was sold within days. Our problem is pretend-owners, with no access to funds they claimed, not giving evidence to the EFL, resulted in a protracted yo-yoing, and getting nowhere.

I genuinely don't believe the EFL are the problem, their hands are tied and sanctions limited. :cry: :cry: :cry:

That is the problem with the EFL the have no statutory legal entitlement to help Clubs from rogue owners who just let a club fall apart. We should have a government body with real power to help a club that has poor owners.
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Tue May 21, 2024 2:36 pm

P/T Indie wrote:If we went into administration would all the current directors then be struck off from been able to be a director in the future?

If we go into administration the BOD ‘s will not run the Club, that will be the administrators. Our BOD’s I would think have no chance of being struck off as directors of a company, so may stay in post and work with the administrators until the club is sold. It then would be up to the new owners to appoint a BOD, I would be surprised if non of the current BOD’s was asked to carry on with their rolls.

It is looking like things are coming to a head, I just hate the idea of starting off a new season with minus points, administration may be the only way of getting rid of JW. If he is still in situ next season we could possibly end up with a raft of point deductions, who knows.

What a mess.
Billy bodger

Previous

Return to General Discussion