George Donnelly

Re: George Donnelly

Postby shrimper » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 pm

I hear Fleetwood offered 40k - not sure if that was the final amount.

But it IS 2k less than we offered for Michael Gash just over a year ago - he's proved to be just that, gash, and is now out on loan at Rushden.

I don't think Fleetwood will go up but I can see Donnelly doing well there and someone trying to pick him up for double that amount, or more, next season.

Ah well.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Freez wrote:Is in the Cod squad for Saturday, another young lad we missed out on!

Yep on a Club record deal. They are certainly showing intent and could well be playing them next season.

Radio Lancs said he was on loan so maybe keeping his options open
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Yet another bargain lost:( I just hope he does sign someone as good as Donnelly. Plymouth payed 200k for him and we could have got him for 40k very annoying :!:
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Not convince that he is what we needed. If our club thought he was, then we would have gone out and got him. Also although Fleetwood are doing well, there's no guarantee that he will be playing League soccer next season. I also question the guys ambition.

Could be a case of 'money in the pocket' talking which I can't really fault him for, but ambition...... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Christies Child wrote:Not convince that he is what we needed. If our club thought he was, then we would have gone out and got him. Also although Fleetwood are doing well, there's no guarantee that he will be playing League soccer next season. I also question the guys ambition.

Could be a case of 'money in the pocket' talking which I can't really fault him for, but ambition...... :?: :?: :?:

He's young, quick, aggressive, fairly skilful and has scored a few goals at this level in a poor side where his supply won't have been great and he'll have had to make a few chances himself.

We have very little pace up front which means opposition defenders can set their stall up knowing that. Donnelly would have at least given them something different to think about.

Good strikers aren't ten a penny. He was available at what I'd consider a reasonable figure.

We'll agree to differ but I think he's precisely the type of player we need at the moment.

And, about his ambition, he wants to play football somewhere where he's appreciated. With his parent club wanting rid of him and no other decent offer emerging, what's the lad to do?

Fleetwood are at least a club looking to the future.

I'm disappointed.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Completly agree with you mate :!: what worries me is what striker are we going to get because we certainly need one!
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:15 pm

bentomlinsonMFC wrote:Completly agree with you mate :!: what worries me is what striker are we going to get because we certainly need one!

hhmm makes me wonder... maybe SM doesn't think that signing a striker will solve this seasons problems :?
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 pm

shrimper wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Not convince that he is what we needed. If our club thought he was, then we would have gone out and got him. Also although Fleetwood are doing well, there's no guarantee that he will be playing League soccer next season. I also question the guys ambition.

He's young, quick, aggressive, fairly skilful and has scored a few goals at this level in a poor side where his supply won't have been great and he'll have had to make a few chances himself.

We have very little pace up front which means opposition defenders can set their stall up knowing that. Donnelly would have at least given them something different to think about.

Good strikers aren't ten a penny. He was available at what I'd consider a reasonable figure.

We'll agree to differ but I think he's precisely the type of player we need at the moment.

And, about his ambition, he wants to play football somewhere where he's appreciated. With his parent club wanting rid of him and no other decent offer emerging, what's the lad to do?
Fleetwood are at least a club looking to the future.

I'm disappointed.

Makes me wonder why other clubs have not made a move for him?
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm

maybe them clubs what could affford him in L2 to start with, have problems scoring goals :|
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 pm

And moneybags Fleetwood Town have signed another player today on a permanent deal I wouldn't have minded to see at The Globe, Sean Gregan.

We discussed this player on here some months ago when he signed for the Codheads on loan from Oldham.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby parkyboy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Some folk are never happy with what the club do and to be always complaining ,moan moan moan
parkyboy

Postby ockers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 pm

watch out for a young bluebird...........
donnelly only 1 goal in last 14 doesnt seem the sort of top striker we need to me imho
spencer has two in last three and hopefully will start to put some more chances away
jevons has 6 in the last 14 :shock:
ockers

Postby outsider » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Pro ... 81,00.html ??????????

Thats would be NJ though not JS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ockers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:51 pm

outsider wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10335~48281,00.html ??????????

Thats would be NJ though not JS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
ockers

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 pm

ockers wrote:watch out for a young bluebird...........
donnelly only 1 goal in last 14 doesnt seem the sort of top striker we need to me imho
spencer has two in last three and hopefully will start to put some more chances away
jevons has 6 in the last 14 :shock:

As good as it was, half of those were in one game
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:46 pm

He also had the opportunity to go to Stevenage as they matched the Fleetwood figure. Spoke to both but decided Fleetwood was the better of only the two options.

Obviously prefered the 'ladies' of home area Merseyside to them down their!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion