Stanners

Re: Stanners

Postby parceldave » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Stanners has been garbage over the last few games but so has Drummond and I certainly wasn't expecting this. Transfer listing him usually brings out the best in him, but not sure what a months loan to Torquay is going to do.

:? :? :?

Dont know what all the fuss is about really, as you say Stanners & Drummy have been well below par these last few wks and we dont know what has been said behind closed doors. This could be make or break week for Sammy, if the new guys come in and do a good job he might be forgiven for sending Stanners out on loan . But if results go against us , then i think he could be in the smelly stuff. :roll:
parceldave

Postby marky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:20 pm

Interesting. With Duffy, Stanley and Haining gone, Hurst and Holdsworth better perform immediately or methinks Sammy will be out of a job. Ockers and Bare Ben, what's your view? Sammy still knows what he's doing?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 pm

thanks marky no 1, sweet, adversity has bonded us :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:23 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:thanks marky no 1, sweet, adversity has bonded us :lol:

Ha I deleted being nice with you because you let yourself go with your Rochey post!! :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 pm

steve mfc wrote:Craney has left Fleetwood, wonder where he is going :roll:

gone accrington aint he??
thegentlegiant

Postby steve mfc » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:
steve mfc wrote:Craney has left Fleetwood, wonder where he is going :roll:

gone accrington aint he??

Yep should start calling him boomerang.
steve mfc

Postby parceldave » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 pm

who now takes the free kicks and corners

Mark Duf oh no he's gone , well there's always Will Hain oh no he's gone too. :o . Well if Lawry Wilson is still with us tomorrow and he can take a free kick like he takes a penalty , no worries mate. ;)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:35 pm

parceldave wrote:who now takes the free kicks and corners

Mark Duf oh no he's gone , well there's always Will Hain oh no he's gone too. :o .

Dave , you really must learn not to mince your words :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:43 pm

always dissapointing to lose a player of quality, and as anyone who's had a text from me tonight will tell you, I was very surprised. But every team is bigger than the players, every player moves on eventually. ask Torres and carroll about that one.

I don't know what the rationale behind the decision is, though I'm sure there is some. what I do know is that this is now an opportunity for those that are selected.

we can talk all night about players who don't play for Morecambe Football Club, but I'd rather spend the rest of the week talking about those men who will put the shirt on this week.

Over to you gentlemen. every managers decision is only as good as the next performance of the men who walk over the white line.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:43 pm

always dissapointing to lose a player of quality, and as anyone who's had a text from me tonight will tell you, I was very surprised. But every team is bigger than the players, every player moves on eventually. ask Torres and carroll about that one.

I don't know what the rationale behind the decision is, though I'm sure there is some. what I do know is that this is now an opportunity for those that are selected.

we can talk all night about players who don't play for Morecambe Football Club, but I'd rather spend the rest of the week talking about those men who will put the shirt on this week.

Over to you gentlemen. every managers decision is only as good as the next performance of the men who walk over the white line.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Torquay are spying on us:

"He (Stanley) is possibly best known for being the Morecambe player that was "nutted" by Matt Gill near the end of their Wembley Play Off Final win over our Excretia. Nice one."

"Surprised it hasn't appeared on Sky Sports News

'News just in from League 2 and we go live to Andy Burton who is outside Plainmoor, Andy'

Cuts across to a frozen pissed off andy Burton who is stood by Boots and Laces with Paul Bastard in his shorts, Torquay united have completed the 1 month loan signing of Morecambe's Craig Stanley.

'any thoughts on this news Paul?'

'For f*ck sake'

Back to the stduio."

:lol: :lol:

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=712#p12713
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:54 pm

Love Stanners to bits and always disappointed when he 'seems' to be made a scapegoat for poor results. But there's clearly been something going on there on and off between him and Sammy.
Having said that - WE don't really know what goes on and a manager has to be allowed to do what he thinks fit. He stands or falls by his decisions and he's stood pretty well up to now.

Big, big decision, though.

If it does mean the end for Stanners and he ends up making a permanent move down there, we may be in touch for a night out next season!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:00 pm

shrimper wrote:Love Stanners to bits and always disappointed when he 'seems' to be made a scapegoat for poor results. But there's clearly been something going on there on and off between him and Sammy.
Having said that - WE don't really know what goes on and a manager has to be allowed to do what he thinks fit. He stands or falls by his decisions and he's stood pretty well up to now.

Big, big decision, though.

If it does mean the end for Stanners and he ends up making a permanent move down there, we may be in touch for a night out next season!

My lass was genuinely upset about this tonight :o Being one of the few lads left that will actually hold a conversation without running off :lol: :lol: I comforted her by explaining it was the 3rdchoice Club as only Exeter and Plymouth are further away!
marky No.1

Postby marky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:00 pm

shrimper wrote:Having said that - WE don't really know what goes on and a manager has to be allowed to do what he thinks fit. He stands or falls by his decisions and he's stood pretty well up to now.

Not this season he hasn't. Yet.
marky

Postby marky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 pm

By the way, this whole player falling out with manager thing is nothing new at our football club. Some people's messiah aka Jim Harvey was a past master of the the old adage "If the face doesn't fit" malarky.
marky

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 pm

marky wrote: "If the face doesn't fit" malarky.

Stanners was at a disadvantage after the ground move. They built the dressing room door so that his "face" wouldn't fit through it!
marky No.1

Postby Christies Minder » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:26 pm

He was out in Lancaster on Saturday night having his last look at our local hostelries ---- never mentioned a thing , tagging along with Rochie !!!!
Christies Minder

Postby 4G63 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 pm

I can't believe this has happened, even if he has been going through a poor patch recently.

I best not type what I think of Sammy Mac now. Just choose any random four letter insult and it won't be far off!
4G63

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:42 pm

well im off to bed for a fan..y flap.nite all :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:44 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:well im off to bed for a fan..y flap.nite all :lol:

A vertical Shrimp n save sandwich :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby hoooti » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:52 pm

News from the Globe is that Staners and Wainwright had a bit of a do on the training pitch. Sammy didnt like it and told stanners he wouldnt play for MFC again.

I dont think Sammy likes Stanners but we have seen this before.

where we go from here no-one knows.

Fo me its up to the manager to control his best players and not have a strop himself. Sammy's attitutde this year has not been 100%, sitting in the stand, letting mark do all the calls. Personally i thnk he has taken us as far as he can go, and i think he feels this way aswell. We need 100% comitment fom one and all!

Time for change. I think!
hoooti

Postby 4G63 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:10 am

Time to move on Sammy. Take your lack of ambition with you.
4G63

Postby Posh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:24 am

I'm one of those that thinks Stanners has played pretty poorly the last few games but a lot of players go through a lean spell. Even then his dead balls and his workrate often compensate.

The other things you can say about Stanners is that he's the first one to go and applaud the fans home and away, he's passionate about the club, talks to fans, does good work in the community and he wears his heart on his sleeve. We used to have a lot of those types of players at Morecambe FC but sadly we've seen a lot of journeymen lately who either don't show passion for the club or aren't taught it matters.

Sorry to see you go Stanners and, whilst I hope to see you back in the side, I really doubt it. Thanks for being in the Shrimpsvoices video, thanks for coming along to my charity nights and thanks for being a proud Shrimp. I know I won't be the only to one to miss you.

Sammy's put his neck firmly on the block now. My understanding is that we had to get people out to get people in. Our most creative player has gone and our hardest working player has gone (the two with the most assists). The new lads have a lot to live up to.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 am

4G63 wrote:Time to move on Sammy. Take your lack of ambition with you.

Seriously, everyone is entitled to an opinion but for christ sake will people stop having a pop with unfounded statements. Lack of ambition? Give me a break. Previous post: bad attitude by sitting in the stand. Sod off. Are you actually serious? Were you here in the Jim Harvey days? If you want to compare attitudes on the touchline you should think back to then.

People can criticise Sammy for many things, but not for lack of ambition or for being uninvolved on the sidelines.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Ntini » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:31 am

I have to say that this news is a shame. Whatever has gone on, it doesn't look like he'll be coming back. I agree that nobody is bigger than the club, but then surely that has to include the manager?

Losing Duffy (albeit the right decision in my book, financially anyway) was always going to make the rest of this season a tough ask. Then Haining goes out on loan (hopefully just to regain match fitness) and now one of the biggest personalities in the club is out the door!

I think I feel most sorry for Holdsworth and Hurst. There is a LOT of pressure on their shoulders now as people will expect them to be the ones to push us up the table and away from a relegation battle.

Sammy's treading a very fine line now with the fans. He only needs Barry to get injured and the Globe might as well be in Cairo!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion