Stanners

Re: Stanners

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:37 am

you're damned if you do and you're damned if you dont....

I think there are people on here whose judgement on this matter maybe clouded by a couple of things.

1. A general dislike for Sammy.
2. frustration for the poor season.
3. A friendship with Stanners.

Although I can understand number 2. the rest I have no judgement on, I dont know Stanners and I find it hard to see who would be more high profile at this club as a manager than Sammy, and I also think he deserves a chance, he got us here after all.

I often read this board more than I post. And over the past few years Stanners would appear to have fallen out with Sammy on a number of occasions. So maybe he has had enough, he is the manager and is allowed to make that call. Maybe he is a disturbing force in the changing room and Sammy wants to change the atmosphere. this brings me back to....

you're damned if you do and you're damned if you dont....
Many fans have complained that the football hasn't been good enough. and we need a change. So Sammy brings in some and get rid of some. No body is giving these new players a chance, and thats not fair.

For what its worth I like stanners. I think he's a good player, but if I had a employee who I thought was a disturbing force and I didn't get on with them, even if they where ok at there job, I would find it hard to bite my tongue for as long as Sammy has.

Oh and although he might have a few assists. Its still not an impressive figure. (neither is Duffy's to be honest) and that was his job. how can someone get assists if there not on the pitch!
Heysham_red

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:06 am

I hate to say it but it could be a good move for Stanners as they are above us in the league :shock:

Maybe Torquay see him as a signing that will help them push for a playoff place.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby keepthefaith » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 am

Posh wrote:The other things you can say about Stanners is that he's the first one to go and applaud the fans home and away, he's passionate about the club, talks to fans, does good work in the community and he wears his heart on his sleeve. We used to have a lot of those types of players at Morecambe FC but sadly we've seen a lot of journeymen lately who either don't show passion for the club or aren't taught it matters.

Agreed. Say what you like about Stanners and his attitude but his commitment to MFC is matched by noone - in fact I wish we had a few more like him. His drive, energy, passion and workrate is second to none and he would be one of the first names on my teamsheet every week. I hope this loan is only a month, and that both parties can sort their differences.
Anyway, best of luck for this month Stanners, and hope to see you back in a Morecambe shirt soon!!
keepthefaith

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:12 am

keepthefaith wrote:
Posh wrote:The other things you can say about Stanners is that he's the first one to go and applaud the fans home and away, he's passionate about the club, talks to fans, does good work in the community and he wears his heart on his sleeve. We used to have a lot of those types of players at Morecambe FC but sadly we've seen a lot of journeymen lately who either don't show passion for the club or aren't taught it matters.

Agreed. Say what you like about Stanners and his attitude but his commitment to MFC is matched by noone - in fact I wish we had a few more like him. His drive, energy, passion and workrate is second to none and he would be one of the first names on my teamsheet every week. I hope this loan is only a month, and that both parties can sort their differences.
Anyway, best of luck for this month Stanners, and hope to see you back in a Morecambe shirt soon!!

Even in the past couple of seasons at Christie you could count on one hand the players that come into the bar JB's or the W&L after the game to talk to the fans and Stanners was always one of them.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby rickster » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:21 am

if stanley keeps falling out with sammy what do u expect sammy has the finale word and thats that. i for one was more gutted and shocked about duffy leaving. Stanly has had a bad attuide since he came here and this season must be the last straw for sammy fleming and drummond will fill in and do a better job
rickster

Postby steve mfc » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:33 am

Its only too obvious that some people on here will use anything as a weapon to beat Sammy with and wont be happy until he has gone. No wonder he considered quitting, i was going to list his achievements at this club but its just a waste of time.
steve mfc

Postby Posh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:28 pm

keepthefaith wrote:

And there in lies the biggest problem with all this. Stanners is a much adored Morecambe player because he gives his all. He may not be the best but he wants to play and he wants to give it a go. Stanners is only going to another League 2 club because he's good enough and another manager wants his services.

Contrast this with some of the player's we've signed over the past few years. Players we've never watched, that we got out of the agent's catalogue and who don't really care much for Morecambe FC. I'll name one who I had big doubts about when he signed and that's Adam Rundle. Released by four clubs on the bounce and on a two-year deal and 18 months left. I'll take 3/1 that he'll never start a match for Morecambe FC again. If I'm right we'll be paying a player for not playing for a long period, yet Stanners who does want to play and does provide a service is shipped out.

I employee people and manage people I don't necessarily like but I employ them because I go through a thorough process to find the best people and the right people for the job. People with potential and people who'll grow and improve. Of course I'm not perfect and the odd one doesn't work but we do well. At the moment we've got a manager who struggles to man manage and has a lot of recruits / replacements who don't contribute and don't work because the selection process just isn't good enough.

Every day I hope I'm wrong and I so want to be wrong and with the money we're spending and the volume of players we're bringing in we're bound to get a few diamonds but I get more despondent by the day.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:42 pm

stanners straight into the team tonight...

you show em stanners :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 pm

You are so right Posh...oh so right!

For the first time ever I had no desire to go to Accy tonight, even though I was a guest of the match sponsor.

So few times have I been entertained over the season that I just couldn't be arsed. Call me what you want, but for me who hates to miss any match today is a landmark and it's sad..so very sad.

Whatever the remainder of this season holds I will do my utmost not to let my deep feelings of concern get the better of me, but it isn't easy. For too long I've supported our club through the good and bad times, but this time it's so different and it's sad oh so sad!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Shame for anyone who missed the best gritty, fighting, passionate performance of late then. Well done to the lads on what was a horrible pitch with no bounce whatsoever. A great reply from what was dished out last Tuesday. Won't need to post at 3 a.m. this time :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Heard a new line on Stanners tonight. Whisper is it was supposed to be a swap deal. Everything sorted between the clubs then, right at the last minute, the player we were supposed to get, Nicky Wroe (who I thought was excellent at our place) was nabbed by Shrewsbury.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 pm

shrimper wrote:Heard a new line on Stanners tonight. Whisper is it was supposed to be a swap deal. Everything sorted between the clubs then, right at the last minute, the player we were supposed to get, Nicky Wroe (who I thought was excellent at our place) was nabbed by Shrewsbury.

Thats what i heard too :shock:

Or was it all bollox :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:55 am

If thats the case why did we still give them stanley?

Noooo I heard it was mainly for a much different reason
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Freez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 am

Wroe is a good player, and its a pity more money was offered by the Shrews, however we will miss Stanners, but hopefully only for month!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Previous

Return to General Discussion