Rod on Radio Lancashire

Re: Rod on Radio Lancashire

Postby KenH » Sun May 05, 2024 10:26 am

Whoever the owner is, I think the Board really need to work on a feasible plan to stop the club losing so much money year on year. That's the real problem, and probably why it's not an attractive proposition for buyers.

It always sounds like we're just wanting to carry on as we are and expecting "someone" to constantly pump money in to cover the losses. That will massively reduce the number of potential buyers willing to do that.

It's one thing finding an investor willing to stump up the few million required by Jason, but completely different to try and find someone willing to do that AND either develop the club themselves or put in management to develop it to cut the losses.
KenH

Postby redrobo » Sun May 05, 2024 11:04 am

KenH wrote:Whoever the owner is, I think the Board really need to work on a feasible plan to stop the club losing so much money year on year. That's the real problem, and probably why it's not an attractive proposition for buyers.

It always sounds like we're just wanting to carry on as we are and expecting "someone" to constantly pump money in to cover the losses. That will massively reduce the number of potential buyers willing to do that.

It's one thing finding an investor willing to stump up the few million required by Jason, but completely different to try and find someone willing to do that AND either develop the club themselves or put in management to develop it to cut the losses.

Wonder what percentage of the money we appear to be losing year on year is down to the interest rate we have to pay to Jason for the loans he makes to the club or is that not a contributing factor... :?: :?: :?:

I also wonder if we actually need as many match days stewards as they appear to have increased over the season just finished... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun May 05, 2024 11:39 am

redrobo wrote:
KenH wrote:Whoever the owner is, I think the Board really need to work on a feasible plan to stop the club losing so much money year on year. That's the real problem, and probably why it's not an attractive proposition for buyers.

Wonder what percentage of the money we appear to be losing year on year is down to the interest rate we have to pay to Jason for the loans he makes to the club or is that not a contributing factor... :?: :?: :?:

I also wonder if we actually need as many match days stewards as they appear to have increased over the season just finished... :?: :?: :?:

The 2023 accounts show £72,882 Interest paid on financial loans. A big amount but not a large % of the Loss of over £1.2 million. We won't know the figure for the year just finished until February 2025 ish.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby CityShrimp » Sun May 05, 2024 12:10 pm

I keep wondering about this.

When we moved to the Mazuma, we were told that the plan was to become financially self-sufficient through growth of the off-field revenue streams. At that time, I believe we were losing about £500k per year.

We’ve now been in the new stadium for nearly 15 years and rather than become profitable, our losses have doubled. I think I recall James Wakefield saying recently that it’s virtually impossible for clubs to support themselves financially now. Is this because football has changed since 2010 and our goal of becoming profitable (or at least breaking even) is no longer possible?

I would be interested in asking the board for their views on this, and whether we still aim to become a profitable business, or have we now given up on that goal?
CityShrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun May 05, 2024 7:49 pm

Stability is a much better choice than no club at all

If that's in league 2 or national league then so be it
Redalert1970

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 pm

Really big few weeks coming up for the club ...

Hopefully embargo lifted, players can resign , sale of the club gets closer etc

Hopefully this isn't a dream and at least some of the above happens
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Tue May 07, 2024 6:52 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Really big few weeks coming up for the club ...

Hopefully embargo lifted, players can resign , sale of the club gets closer etc

Hopefully this isn't a dream and at least some of the above happens

A lot of hope in there Redalert so I hope you're right!
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Tue May 07, 2024 7:33 am

I agree May is a big, big month for our football Club, hopefully the BOD’s can successfully navigate the Club through the mire it is in. Hope though is not enough, strength, fight and forceful action is needed to push through all the things that need to be done and all the best to them.

Get the embargo lifted, pronto. Appoint a new manager, and help them put together a competitive squad and finally somehow get the sale of the Club moving, an unenviable prospect but vital for the future of the Club.

We are teetering on the edge!
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Tue May 07, 2024 8:26 am

I've just had a look back at May 7th last year posts and we were talking about the uncertainty and worries then as well as hopes! Someone even talked about getting over the minor blip! :roll:
black morse

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue May 07, 2024 1:03 pm

Nothing has changed since the statement from the club 6 months ago.

The statement added: "The largely voluntary board of directors, most of whom are staunch fans of the club, is making this statement because a significant change of approach is required by Bond Group.

"Without it, nothing at Morecambe Football Club can move forwards and the directors risk finding themselves in an untenable position, which puts the club, and the wonderful community that it sits at the heart of, at serious risk."

We are still awaiting the Bond Group (Jason) to do something, at what point does it become untenable? How much longer can we keep limping on?
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Wild Bill » Tue May 07, 2024 6:33 pm

Things have changed. We now have a board made up entirely of volunteers
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Previous

Return to General Discussion