Jim Bentley

Jim Bentley

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Jim Bentley has been appointed reserve team manager and player coach for the first team.

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 74,00.html

I said he should be appointed player coach before 8-) .
Little Shrimp

Re: Jim Bentley

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:17 pm

There you go then, the management must read svs as they have finally taken little shrimps wisdom on board :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, good luck on your new role Jimbo, not that you will need it :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Well done Jimbo on the appointment and good luck for next season....it was just a matter of time in my opinion
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:26 pm

A natural leader of men who i am sure will be a superb addition to the coaching staff and will bring out the best in the younger members of the playing squad, all in all a very good appointment :D :D :D
Blackburn shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Well done Jim future Morecambe manager?
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Well done Jimbo on the appointment and good luck for next season....it was just a matter of time in my opinion

haha,,,just hope hes got more sense than SM about the academy.............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:52 pm

The perfect appointment following my earlier post about appointing an additional coach, especially as Jimbo has the defensive knowledge much needed.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby paulshrimp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:28 am

Have we goy any younger players for Jimbo to work with??
paulshrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:53 am

paulshrimp wrote:Have we goy any younger players for Jimbo to work with??

I just hope he has been taking note of Trevor Brooking's advice and concentrates on small 5 a side games with them and tries to improve technique and not coach it out of them by hoofing it up the pitch, otherwise Morecambe will never produce a world class England player :roll:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:05 am

Delighted for Jimbo and the club. He is the ultimate Mr Motivator and he's learning all the time. Brilliant news.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:20 am

paulshrimp wrote:Have we goy any younger players for Jimbo to work with??

Well theres Andy Parrish and Laurence Wilson both around 22 years old. Will Haining also mid twenties.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 am

Jevons is still young at 30 lol lol .... but according to some people on here we should not sign anyone over 30 as they are past it what a joke that is
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 am

I totally agree to your post Jim is a legend as a first season watcher of Morecambe and soon to be 2ND season .
Hope to show off my season ticket with pride , and I prefer players over 30 because you still got vision and passion to succeed
I also think Morecambe have a solid squad with young players and older players I do believe within the next 2-3 years now and more better youngster from the Lancashire area will be with Jimbo.
Also I think Jim is a excellent center back and i will be surprised also with Will Haining form that League1 teams will be looking at him excellent center back we need one more though.
You never know about injuries bans or just general form.
30+ Players I agree we need some like Wayne Curtis should of offered him a new one year deal
darrenlock

Postby John L » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 am

Nice one Jim, well deserved! Well done son! 8-)
John L

Postby Harry » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Christies Child wrote:The perfect appointment following my earlier post about appointing an additional coach, especially as Jimbo has the defensive knowledge much needed.

I for one am glad the board are following CC's tips and guidance on how to run a football club by making one of the most obvious decisions regarding Jim Bentley.

In all seriousness though, this is an excellent appointment and here's to Jim's future at MFC.
Harry

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Jevons is still young at 30 lol lol .... but according to some people on here we should not sign anyone over 30 as they are past it what a joke that is

No John I never said that. What I said was that players over 30 had typically peaked or passed their peak. As a result when you bring in those players they have reached their highest earning potential so cost a lot wages wise, you don't have any re-sale value as there is little scope to improve or clubs willing to pay transfer fees for over 30s, and finally their an easy option because their proven but you're not building for the future if you buy players on their way down the football ladder. Occassionally like Ged Brannan or Neil Sorvel they add a bit of class and bite but you know in a year or two they are on their way.

My view was I'd rather, if given the choice, invest in hungry young talent determined to play for us and prove themselves who cost less, will be around longer or get a transfer fee for if they do want to progress higher. E.g. Carl Baker, Thommo, Lawrence Wilson.

Maybe it's just me but I'm the type who is proud of a home bargain carefully sought on market stalls and small shops rather than buying something similar for five times the price from John Lewis.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:31 pm

P.S. The obvious young player we invested in early and got the best from was of course Jim Bentley.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion