where to sit?

where to sit?

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 am

Right we have decided to try out the Main stand for the Burnley game question is where do we sit? Don't want to get tickets then turn up and find we have one of the restricted view seats.
heysham_mfc

Re: where to sit?

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:12 am

Don't go any higher than row L and you'll be OK. The trouble with sitting is that all those in the MBW stand keep wanting you stand up if you love Morecambe. Why can't they sit down if they love Morecambe for a change. :lol:
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:14 am

You should be fine as long as you don't go towards the back. If you look at where the sponsors boxes come out to you don't want to be behind them so I would say stay clear of the back 5 rows and you should be ok. They should be able to advise you at the ticket office as surley they have to advertise these seats as restricted view.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:32 am

P/T Indie wrote:They should be able to advise you at the ticket office as surley they have to advertise these seats as restricted view.

What might not be a restricted view while you're sat down, may well be a restricted view on the many occasions you have to stand :shock:
Plain Peter

Postby Shrimpman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am

dont get Row M seat 49
all you can see is the away half :lol:
Shrimpman

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Shrimpman wrote:dont get Row M seat 49
all you can see is the away half :lol:

Yeah same with R139 to 142 you may as well listen on the radio! :lol:
up to 160 you need to lean a lot to see the corner flag.
M124 and higher are clear
O129 to 138 are restricted
N130 to 133 you are right next to the aisle and can see the full pitch via the metal grid on the walkway so I would'nt recomend it!
P139 cant see corner flag and if you go along towards the middle down to P129 you can only see half the away penalty area.
globeblockArestrictedrowR.jpg

globeblockArowNP.jpg

globeblockAseatR1.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:57 pm

globebockAseatR1.jpg

globeblockDE.jpg

globeblockDRowO.129~138.jpg
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:00 pm

globeblockDrowR.jpg

globeBlockErowP173.jpg

globebockAseatR1.jpg
marky No.1

Postby sgt major » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Is all this issue with the seating not a mini crisis - I'm sorry but surely for the money the ground cost there should be unrestricted viewing all over the ground?
sgt major

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:02 pm

globeBlockErowP173.jpg

These pics are for info. only. i am not whinging about it but it just makes sense to clarify which seats we are talking about after all just look at it from the front :D
globemainstand.jpg
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:08 pm

The fifth picture gives you a great idea of what it's like up there and I have still not worked out what the random bit of concrete is for on both sides just in the middle of Block B & D which is where picture 1 is taken from.
I don't see what purpose they serve are we able to take them out? or are they part of the main structure and will the main stand collapse :o
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:09 pm

As p/t Indie said if you are on L or lower you will have no problem whatsover and most of the seats above that are fine. just avoid the central area of the stand at the top.

Having heard the away fans commenting on the narrowness of the rear of their stand I went to have a look.
If Christies Child met Stanley Bowles they would need traffic lights :lol:
globeawaybehind.jpg

The view is good tho
globeawayview.jpg

globembwstand.jpg
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Wow i'm afraid to say that is terrible planning, i've heard of pylons blocking views but to miss half the pitch is just shocking. It needs fixing straight away in my honest opinion, something has gone wrong with the design.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:54 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I have still not worked out what the random bit of concrete is for on both sides just in the middle of Block B & D which is where picture 1 is taken from.
I don't see what purpose they serve are we able to take them out? or are they part of the main structure and will the main stand collapse :o

I don't know if they are structural but behind the darkened glass are our very privileged box owners and I am sure from their point of view are very glad to have the wall there! It could also look a bit messy at 5 p.m. if you got a peek through the other way :lol:

Likewise at the other end is the match Sponsors box who will also appreciate the segregation of the wall.

I.M.O. however I would say each wall must be structural.
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:14 pm

I don't think 1400 Burnley fans will be best pleased squeezing down there to go for a pie! As for the restricted views in the main stand, its unacceptable in a new build really - but the club will be just as annoyed as us. I guess the fault rests with the architects?
Morecambe Jack

Postby steve mfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:15 pm

wow that's what you call a restricted view, its either incredibly bad planning by the architect or the club were made aware of the problem and decided the private boxes were more important than seats which might not be used that often.

Are these seats sold as being with a restricted view and with a reduced price ?, though to be honest i wouldn't pay anything to have a view like that.

Regarding the narrow space behind the away end i can only assume that it is deemed adequate as the supporters exit the stadium from the ends of the stand so don't need to go behind the terrace apart from a visit to the toilets.
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:22 pm

something has gone wrong with the design.

Morecambe Jack wrote:I don't think 1400 Burnley fans will be best pleased squeezing down there to go for a pie! As for the restricted views in the main stand, its unacceptable in a new build really - but the club will be just as annoyed as us. I guess the fault rests with the architects?

or maybe the fault of people who advised and recommended them to the MFC board (who are not building experts) who would have genuinely seeked help about wanting to build a brand new football ground :|
George Dawes

Postby trojan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Initially went to buy a season ticket at top of B block but fortunately was warned off just in time after being told there is most probably a wall at side of exec boxes to be built and that would result in restricted viewing. I was also told that there was no reduction in ticket price for privelege of only seeing half the pitch.
trojan

Postby Gnasher » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Simply unbelievable in this day & age of CAD tools that such restricted views have made if off the drawing board into reality :o :o
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Whilst not wishing to be accused of being negative (perish the thought!), I am generally in agreement with those who are critical of the fact that a purpose built, modern facility has quite a large number of areas with a restricted view. I don't think that is just limited to the upper parts of Black B & D though, because the seats nearest the media area in Block C (i.e at either side) also seemed to have something of a restricted view due to the concrete 'wall' there which is criminal considering how much people pay for those seats!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Well I can tell you I am surrounded by wall and its FANTASTIC!!
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Regarding the limited viewing of a few of the seats; I believe this results from the decision to build extra hospitality suites either side of those that were initially planned. The ones that have been built have all sold out (circa £100k a season that Christie could not generate) and there is now a waiting list. IMO the seating with restricted viewing is there to tick a box (you need 2,000 seats minimum to fulfil football league criteria). I envisage in the near future the development of a seating stand on the Berlin Wall side and the row of boxes at the top of the Peter McGuigan stand to be extended across the top section to meet demand. For the time being the seats at the top of the main stand perform a purpose (admittedly I wouldn't buy a ticket in that area, but then again I don't think that is the point). Obviously this is not ideal and will only really be highlighted on occasions such as next Tuesdays where demand surpasses supply. I really hope the club does not sell these tickets against Burnley, as people who end up in such seats are unlikely to return.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Good points there RRW as I pointed out the pics were to demonstrate to our fans which seats were restricted so that they could choose a seat safely and not spend wasted hours at the ticket office. When the time comes as Oasis once said we will have a Wonder Wall
marky No.1

its a pity fans from other clubs have

Postby Arnside Red » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:20 pm

picked up on these piccies to slate the Globe though, see my other thread, these are exactly the photos used in that posting,
i found them on a posting on a Barnsley board via a thread which had started on a Cheltenham board, some of the Barnsley fans were complimenting the MFC board for cutting the cloth accordingly and not going overboard re the new ground eg Darlington etc i guess
Arnside Red

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:34 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Regarding the limited viewing of a few of the seats; I believe this results from the decision to build extra hospitality suites either side of those that were initially planned. The ones that have been built have all sold out (circa £100k a season that Christie could not generate) and there is now a waiting list. IMO the seating with restricted viewing is there to tick a box (you need 2,000 seats minimum to fulfil football league criteria). I envisage in the near future the development of a seating stand on the Berlin Wall side and the row of boxes at the top of the Peter McGuigan stand to be extended across the top section to meet demand. For the time being the seats at the top of the main stand perform a purpose (admittedly I wouldn't buy a ticket in that area, but then again I don't think that is the point). Obviously this is not ideal and will only really be highlighted on occasions such as next Tuesdays where demand surpasses supply. I really hope the club does not sell these tickets against Burnley, as people who end up in such seats are unlikely to return.

that would be ideal, good to see people starting to talk common sense on this subject

but building the more/extra seats in the north stand, could also have restrictions in development due to a strange building built in the corner of the actual terrace itself
George Dawes

Next

Return to General Discussion