Jimmy Spencer

Jimmy Spencer

Postby jmatkinson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:45 pm

It is a bit of a shame that his loan spell ends in January. Do you think Sammy will extend it until the end of the season if Huddersfield agree?
jmatkinson

Re: Jimmy Spencer

Postby parkyboy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:08 pm

I dont know whether we can keep him till end of season but on his performance ysterday we should certainly make every effort to keep him , we should also find asubs role very soon for Hendrie as ithink they would play well together as JEVONS TO ME IS LIKE A SELFISH PRIMA DONNA
parkyboy

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Well you ask Port Vale fans what thwey think about Jev. They would swap both their strikers for him. On there day, possibley two of the best strikers in the league.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:30 pm

I think after Huddlesfield sucessful win over Brighton and Spencer being 4th on the strikers list chances are he will continue his loan spell with Morecambe until the end of the season.

Was chatting to a Huddlesfield fan earlier and was asking about his progress under his loan tern at Morecambe.

Question is should we give Mullin a start instead of Jevons or should we keep same team for northampton game ?

Port Vale main center forward I remember watching this game over Port Vale last season and he really stood out
essex_shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:47 pm

I thought Jimmy had a great game yesterday. He should have featured much more than he has done so far this season, but hopefully now he is getting a run in the side Huddersfield might be tempted to let him stay longer (they won't if he is going to bench warm). He adds pace into a side that desperately lacks it. You could see him growing in confidence as the game progressed, the management were full of encouragement and it was nice to see him get a good applause from the stands when he was subbed after running himself into the ground.

As for Jevons, I didn't think he had his best game although he got himself into a couple of really good positions but wasn't picked out. On another day he could have had two tap-ins. As it is, he became a little frustrated and wastful when he was given the ball. Still one of the best finishers in this league though.
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Can't see why Huddersfield wouln't let him stay for the rest of the season it's not like they need him back and he will get much more first team football with us.
heysham_mfc

Postby MfcChris » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Spencer is better than Jev at nearly everything. He holds the ball up fantastic and has a great touch. Big fan of Jevons but his first touch and ball control is worse than anyone.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:53 pm

MfcChris wrote:Spencer is better than Jev at nearly everything. He holds the ball up fantastic and has a great touch. Big fan of Jevons but his first touch and ball control is worse than anyone.

:o :o :o :shock: :shock: Didn't you see it when he brought down that ball from Stanley yesterday? It was of superman standard!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Spencer is better than Jev at nearly everything. He holds the ball up fantastic and has a great touch. Big fan of Jevons but his first touch and ball control is worse than anyone.

:o :o :o :shock: :shock: Didn't you see it when he brought down that ball from Stanley yesterday? It was of superman standard!

So why have you dumped his pic on your signature, Matty . Glad to see you are enjoying football again after all those toys were thrown a few weeks ago.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:

So why have you dumped his pic on your signature, Matty . Glad to see you are enjoying football again after all those toys were thrown a few weeks ago.

I had a new one of the whole team, but my computer decided to pack in. :(

I was a bit split about going to the Vale game. I decided to quite late in the week and i couldn't be happier. I think that it was a spur of the moment thing where I just lost it :lol:

Although. In saying that, i can't stand Premier league football anymore. I don't take any interest in it anymore.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Chris 100% with you in Phil Jevons.

Do i think morecambe would wanna let jevons go erm no would you want sammy sacked if morecambe drew or lost yesterday ie chairman wanting him out erm no.

personally like manager your based on results and same as center forwards with goals and last season and this season jevons has it .

shame our defensive goals have been shit if not we'd never have this chat.

mfcchris love to meet you one day at ntg and after work for a pint and game of pool
essex_shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:55 pm

there you go

you have an offer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby MfcChris » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:24 pm

If you say you work for NTG one more time...

I do. You don't.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 pm

I know Chris again saying that.

I am on Choices agency books trying my best to get a shot at working for ntg this is all
essex_shrimp

Return to General Discussion