O/T Student protests

O/T Student protests

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:02 pm

Are they justified??????

yes without violence.......

By partisan the constabularys are nothing more than servants to the corrupt ELECTED politicians that we vote in,vote out,how many times have we seen it before in there manifesto,once in power what do they,change there minds.

politicans (must) be accountable for there pre manifestos..........

Footnote......

I feel sorry for charlie and camilla

But charlie lad probably thought it was AMUSING

(quote) Peaceful protest is ACCEPTABLE ,,,,,,as long it suits the powers that be :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by shrimpnsave on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: O/T Student protests

Postby jonnythedog » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 pm

The students vs Police dynamic is an interesting one.

They're both facing cuts and are outside kicking the crap out of each other in the cold whilst those responsible are nicely tucked up in the warm...

Not my observation but it did amuse me.
jonnythedog

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 pm

meanwhile, the self employed, ynow, the ones who do everything, pay for everything, and get nothing back for it, get on with things as usual or do without :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Don't even get me started on them

If they put as much effort into their studies as protesting and constant moaning about poor old students blah blah (which was even before the tuition fees came along) they would all get 1st's.

If some of the people they have been interviewing on the streets today is the future of our country god help us.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby alwaysright » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:02 pm

There arseholes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just been watching sky news and there nothing but yobs, of course someone will come on here and try and defend there actions.
alwaysright

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:06 pm

alwaysright wrote:There arseholes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just been watching sky news and there nothing but yobs, of course someone will come on here and try and defend there actions.

ok how many YOBS were there :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby alwaysright » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Didnt take long.
alwaysright

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Waste's of space if you ask me, there an absolute disgrace, they get loans which they piss up the wall. Most of them dont ever use there skills they have acquired!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby shrimper » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:38 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:Waste's of space if you ask me, there an absolute disgrace, they get loans which they piss up the wall. Most of them dont ever use there skills they have acquired!!!

alwaysright: "There arseholes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just been watching sky news and there nothing but yobs, of course someone will come on here and try and defend there actions."

:o :shock: :o :shock:

But I'll wager one or two of them know the difference between 'they're', 'there' and 'their' though. So not all our taxes are wasted.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:48 pm

shrimper wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:Waste's of space if you ask me, there an absolute disgrace, they get loans which they piss up the wall. Most of them dont ever use there skills they have acquired!!!

alwaysright: "There arseholes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just been watching sky news and there nothing but yobs, of course someone will come on here and try and defend there actions."

But I'll wager one or two of them know the difference between 'they're', 'there' and 'their' though. So not all our taxes are wasted.

See the thing is I did not go to uni nor do I have any GCSE's, but has that ever stopped me in life, nope in fact I believe I have done myself proud. Maybe I could/would be better off with uni qualifications but likely not as I would too probable of pissed it up the wall that's what uni students do these days, that the culture nowadays.

They may know the difference but will they ever use those skills? Nope.

Maybe one day this will change, but as far as I am concerned uni's have every right to charge more to those who are in a position to pay.
thegentlegiant

Postby Joel Ninety » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:02 am

shrimper wrote:

Well some of us learnt the difference in primary school. Universities shouldn't have to teach students how to spell or use apostrophes.
Joel Ninety

Postby CASS » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:34 am

One solution to this is to make it worthwhile being a student. Today Uni's offer courses that range from Classics to burger flipping,and all you need to get in is a couple of A level "B"s.
What this and future govenments need to do is to get these kids wasting 3 years studying
tosh back in to real jobs,engineering etc But that will never happen,the news from BAE today
is just another nail in the coffin of this once leader in the manufacturing world. My daughter has just graduated after 4 years of study with an honest degree,Ba hons in Social Work the cuts imposed on local authoritys have as yet prevented her getting a job but she remains optomistic that she will soon be employed. A lad who shared hall's with her during the first year graduated last year with a degree in "Motor Sport",and now (I kid you not) is filling shelves in Halfords. No one I knew as a lad left home for Uni,that was for the swot's where people studied to be Doctors etc.Now I applaud that thoses days are gone and higer education is available to the masses But lets make it worth while. The irony of what I have written here is highlighted by the fact that our company is looking for a Chemical related graduate to train in our R&D dep't, a job that would entail nice trips around the globe to customers, The best R&D lab in the industry and everything else that that you would wish for
Applicants <5.
The other alternative seems to be getting pregnant and bagging a council flat with all the trimmings.......It's easy having an opinion on these issues but a bugger to come up with an answer to what is a big problem
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:52 am

Joel Ninety wrote:
shrimper wrote:

Well some of us learnt the difference in primary school. Universities shouldn't have to teach students how to spell or use apostrophes.

Oh well sorry for having dyslexia dickhead!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Aspers » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 am

Dyslexia rules KO!

Time for revolution in the old dart. 8-)
Aspers

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:45 am

That's one less on your supporters club Xmas card list, Sam 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:55 am

alwaysright wrote:There arseholes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just been watching sky news and there nothing but yobs, of course someone will come on here and try and defend there actions.

You've just made your username sound pretty ironic.
durhamshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:14 am

am all behind the goverment on this one and student fee's

but i didn't relisle in Scotland i belive there it's relatively free, now thats something else what needs sorting scotish MPs can vote on stuff in England but our MPs cant with a lot of there stuff

my anser with all these bitter rebellious Scotish Irish Welsh lot what if England turned around and said well we dont want to be part of Britain anymore and they'd be like doh errrrrr we've not thought have that one. and then watch them all become like Albania

and then maybe Mel Gibson could make a film on that.
George Dawes

Postby Joel Ninety » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:31 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:Well some of us learnt the difference in primary school. Universities shouldn't have to teach students how to spell or use apostrophes.

Oh well sorry for having dyslexia dickhead!!!!

I was making a general statement. Laziness is one thing, dyslexia is another.
Joel Ninety

Postby Christies Child » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 am

Once again the majority suffer for the actions of the minority. Those who resorted to violence are intent on destruction and use whatever vehicle they can to carry out their political agenda which to the vast majority of students is totally unacceptable.

Peaceful protest is a right in most democratic countries. And whilst I do not agree with the actual cause in this case, I believe it is the right of us all to peacefully express opposition to areas that give rise to ones individual concerns.

In this case it's interesting how the opposition leader has made no commitment to do away with the hike in fees IF they ever (God forbid) returned to power. I'm of the belief that the ordinary tax payer shouldn't have to fund an increasing number of students in their studies in what at times are ridiculous subjects that have no role in the development of our country. I also feel that it is too easy to get into Uni and maybe a 12 month period of doing voluntary work between leaving 6th form and furthering ones studies would serve everybody well. It would certainly make those involved get a flavour of the real world and just maybe teach them of their responsibilities to society in general.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:35 am

Glass houses mate.
durhamshrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
shrimper wrote:

See the thing is I did not go to uni nor do I have any GCSE's, but has that ever stopped me in life, nope in fact I believe I have done myself proud. Maybe I could/would be better off with uni qualifications but likely not as I would too probable of pissed it up the wall that's what uni students do these days, that the culture nowadays.

They may know the difference but will they ever use those skills? Nope.

Maybe one day this will change, but as far as I am concerned uni's have every right to charge more to those who are in a position to pay.

You're too clever to waste money like that.
durhamshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:50 am

Christies Child wrote:In this case it's interesting how the opposition leader has made no commitment to do away with the hike in fees IF they ever (God forbid) returned to power. I'm of the belief that the ordinary tax payer shouldn't have to fund an increasing number of students in their studies in what at times are ridiculous subjects that have no role in the development of our country. I also feel that it is too easy to get into Uni and maybe a 12 month period of doing voluntary work between leaving 6th form and furthering ones studies would serve everybody well. It would certainly make those involved get a flavour of the real world and just maybe teach them of their responsibilities to society in general.

Well said CC.
Don't cut off the hand that feeds you, the violence and vandalism yesterday was awful, and once again the tax payer has to pick up the bill.
Those positively identified, as well as having the book chucked at them, should be denied any type of publically funded financial support for the rest of their natural.
Perhaps tax payers should revolt against all the worthless university courses that we are forced to fund. Then those courses left could be funded free of student contribution.
Plain Peter

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:52 am

"In this case it's interesting how the opposition leader has made no commitment to do away with the hike in fees IF they ever (God forbid) returned to power."

Good point CC did you see Red Ed on the news last night when they asked him what he would do there was just some waffling about he couldn't say either way if he would increase fees and it's better to under promise and over achieve, so basically he has no idea.

That was Ed's chance to shine as opposition to have a real go at the Government and put a really good alternative forward but he was so weak it was unreal.

But as it was his party that introduced fees and Alan Johnson agrees with it rather than a graduate tax although he seems to be getting pulled into line now we can't really expect to hear anything worthwhile from them soon until they sort themselves out.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Duffman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:57 am

I think you're pretty much spot on there CC. It's unfair to say students will never use the skills they have learnt or most will never use the degree they get. Sadly I was part of the Labour generation that had it drilled into them it was Uni or bust. Working through High School and 6th Form was purely aimed towards going to University. Simply having a degree would greatly improve your chances of future of employment, even if the degree was unrelated, we were told. This may well be correct but this, IMO, isn't the reason you go to University. With this mentality, courses like Media Studies have been a huge success. The reason why Universities will put on these courses is because they're cheap to run yet still demand £3k a year in tuition fees.

My university experience wasn't the best, I was mis-sold the course and could not justify spending £3k a year what was basically print-outs of notes found on the internet. The tutors were badly trained and would offer very little assistance. But, like many courses, it was popular and the University could not afford not to have a course like that available. I made the big step in quitting Uni and it will be a big negative forever on CV. Luckily in my line of work, it's what you know and what you can do rather than if you have a degree or not.
Duffman

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:02 am

I hope that the bill for all the vandalism and damage will be presented to the NUS.

Too many of them don't live in the real world.

It is not unreasonable for students to repay the loan for their education when they achieve a decent salary. A lot of self employed people have to take out bank loans etc in order to go into business and earn a living so why should students be immune from economics.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion